Published December 29, 2009
Tags: FO, knitting, WIP
Some recent things:
– I finished the Norblu Sweater and gave it to Jim for Christmas. Here he is wearing it:
As I feared, it’s a little more snug than he prefers, but I think he may wear it anyway!
Somewhere along the way, I made a couple of hats too … I made a Tricorder (see “Free Patterns”) with yarn leftover from last Christmas:
And I experimented with a new stitch pattern for a Random Hat:
Finally, I started a new pair of socks, using a pattern called Blackrose:
Sorry for the hodgepodge approach but today’s the first time back on my “home” computer after a malware attack! The experts’ idea of solving the problem was to wipe my entire computer clean and reinstall the original software, oy …
You probably thought the Esther socks were finished a long time ago, right? I mean, one sock just needed to be woven in and the other just needed about 2 inches of toe. But no. I’ve been so busy with many, many new English-teaching responsibilities that knitting has limped along at a very slow pace! However, I did get some time alone with the Esther socks at last … and here they are!
This was the most difficult stitch pattern I’ve ever attempted … lace AND cables AND lots of twisted stitches. Very effective, though. And on Monday, I will be giving these socks away, buh-bye! I hope the new owner enjoys wearing them! Here’s another picture:
The patttern is available for free on Ravelry. It’s by Stephanie van der Linden and it’s called “Esther”. I used size 1 1/2 US needles and Zwerger Garn Opal sock yarn (colorway 1418). I used an Eye of Partridge heel with garter stitch border. In addition to the interesting lace pattern, the picot edging at the cuff was new to me. It’s charming and I’ve since used the foldover hem technique (no picot) on a sweater for hubby. That’s almost finished … see my next post!