After 2.5 iterations of the decorative pattern on the leg, one extra round of K, 14 rounds of 2×2 ribbing (same height as half the decorative pattern) and EZ’s sewn bind-off … ta da!
I’m very happy with the fit and I love the drama of the pattern. If you make this sock, make sure there’s a bit of negative ease all around or the lace won’t show well. The cool zigzag of the stitches won’t show as well either. Here’s a pic that captures that:
As noted in earlier posts, these are a toe-up version of a cuff-down pattern called “Tesselating Lace Socks”. The pattern is available as a free pdf download at Ravelry. I’ve given detailed notes here on how I did the toe-up version. I can’t wait to wear these when the weather gets cooler!
I’ve been messing with the next project too:
One of these is the ad-libbed pattern from the gauge swatch, the others are ideas for mix-and-match. I surfed free patterns at Ravelry to get these ideas. There’s one of songbirds which is too excellent to pass up … I didn’t write it out here, but I’m pretty sure it will be a part of this project! I will credit whatever projects I “borrowed” from when all is said and done, though I think most of these are traditional.