At last, the purple Monkeys have been freed from the needles!
I was very happy with the yarn (Louet Gems Fingering in the “grape” colorway) and I enjoyed the pattern a lot! The only modification I made was that I shifted down one needle size after finishing the leg portion of the socks. I wanted to be sure that the lace stretched open over the foot portion too. I think the socks fit very well, probably the best fitting socks so far! I used US #2 (2.75mm) needles for the legs and US# 1.5 (2.5mm) for the heel and foot. I know the design is intended to show off variegated yarn, but I really wanted to highlight the lace so I chose a solid color. I used the Old Norwegian Cast-On because I think it gives a flexible edge that goes over a heel nicely.